[BlueOnyx:20709] Re: errors and issues

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Wed Feb 22 02:43:41 -05 2017

Hey Chuck.

FYI, this was nothing to do with the rule number or the name of the chain. It was related to an openvz related item…  The failed command would not work no matter what rule number or chain name was used. In my case, inserting in INPUT with no rule number is meant to insert before the first rule.

However, with the problem - no matter where an insert was tried, it failed. XT_STATE was not active in the openvz container, due to some previous openvz changes etc… that is what it ended up being… (plus upgrading the kernel for good measure).

GK