[BlueOnyx:20717] Re: disable plain text authentication

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Feb 22 16:30:00 -05 2017

Hi Maurice,

> It seems that the 'enable imaps server' option in the GUI only works
> when 'enable imap server' is checked also.

I just checked and cannot replicate this. In the GUI I disabled POP3,
POP3S and IMAP. I left only IMAPS ticked and saved the changes.

]# netstat -tupan|grep LISTEN|grep dove
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:993             0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      20494/dovecot

Dovecot was then only binding to port 993. I then ran Swatch and checked
again. No change: Dovecot only bound to port 993.

So this seems to work just fine on 5207R, 5208R and 5209R.