[BlueOnyx:20988] Re: Trouble with perl scripts in a subdomain

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon May 1 08:41:59 -05 2017

Hi Michael,

On 4/28/2017 12:15 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> I'm half way out of the door for a weekend trip, so this will have to a
> bit brief. On 5209R I had a lot of problems to get Perl scripts to run
> in the webspace in first place, as the involved mechanisms changed
> between Apache 2.2 and 2.4.

I hope that your trip was enjoyable, and appreciate your input.

We don't see a lot of Perl anymore these days, so it's not something we
deal with very often.   It does look like things work in the VSITE.

> For the Vsite (if CGI is enabled) we add something like this to the
> siteX file:
>
> <Directory /home/.sites/28/site1/web>
>     AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
>     Options +ExecCGI
> </Directory>

Yes, confirmed.   When looking at the VSITE in question, we see:
<Directory /home/.sites/106/site15/web>
     AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
     Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

> I'm not sure what we add to the Vhost container of a subdomain (if
> anything Perl related at all). But I presume if you add this snippet
> with the corrected path and restart Apache it'll work.

Looking at the subdomain config in /etc/httpd/conf.d/subdomains I see
this snippet:
   AddHandler cgi-wrapper .pl
   AddHandler cgi-wrapper .cgi
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/blueonyx/cgiwrap/cgiwrap/
   Action cgi-wrapper /cgi-bin

I replaced that with the snippet to match what is in the VSITE (which
gels with what you wrote) and that did not have an impact on the problem.

> Early next week when I'm back I'll check base-subdomain and will fix it
> if need be so that Perl works out of the box in case it's enabled for
> the primary Vsite.

Yes, if you wouldn't mind having a look at this, that would be the
"right" answer to my mind.

> Another work around that doesn't require any hacking: Turn the subdomain
> into a real Vsite and copy the content over.

Yeah, agreed.   If need be, we'll go that route.  Just trying to keep
things as close as possible to the old config so that things are more
manageable for the user.

Thanks!
--
Chris Gebhardt