[BlueOnyx:21021] Let's Encrypt Certificate for Server

Felix Kaegi f.kaegi at fairtalk.com
Sat May 6 05:07:39 -05 2017

Hi

I have a doubt about the need to have SSL enabled for both, the domain of
the server (domain.tld) and separately also for the server itself
(host.domain.tld)?

Some time ago I enabled Let's Encypt for a number of Vsites, including for
the domain used by the server. In addition, I also enabled SSL for the
server itself (in the Admin GUI -> Server Management -> Security -> SSL).
However, when I browse to https://host.domain.tld I get the "Your connection
is not secure" error, and when I do a SSL Server test for host.domain.tld I
get the Certificate #1 MISMATCH error (This server's certificate is not
trusted), and it shows for the Certificate #1 the Vsite domain for which I
installed the very first Let's Encrypt SSL certificate (which is not the
domain of the server).

If there is no need to install a separate SSL certificate for the server
itself (host.domain.tld), then how can I get Let's Encrypt to include in the
Certificate also host.domain.tld? In the DNS server there is an A-record for
host.domain.tld.

Question 2: How can I change the Let's Encrypt SSL Location information,
i.e. City, State or Province, and Country? And add in Organization
Information the Organization Unit?

Best regards
Felix