[BlueOnyx:21032] Re: Anacron errors SOLVED

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri May 12 09:03:38 -05 2017

Hi all,

I wanted to pass along the findings from our Support Team on this for
the archives.

On 5/11/2017 8:38 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
>> A customer recently moved from 5208R to 5209R.  Since then, the customer
>> reports the following errors that are appearing.   Is there a suggested
>> remedy for this?
>>
>> /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
>>
>> Error: Can't change directory to
>> /home/sites/www.domain.com/webalizer
>> chown: cannot access
>> '/home/sites/www.domain.com/webalizer': No such file
>> or directory
>
> After a migration this might be a one time thing if the /webalizer dirs
> didn't get migrated and Anacron runs before the Webalizer cronjob.

In each case, this turned out to be an over-quota issue.   The webalizer
directories could not be created because the vsites were over-quota.

Increasing the site quota will allow the directories to be created and
new files to be written.

These sites were migrated from 5208R to 5209R, and many of them had
ridiculously small quotas (ie: 10MB or 20MB).  They were over-quota when
migrated.  I guess that the errors were not generated under 5208R. (???)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services