[BlueOnyx:21059] Re: RaqBackup.sh - did Neuhaus die?

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Tue May 23 09:47:31 -05 2017

> On May 23, 2017, at 9:22 AM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet <cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com> wrote:
>
> Has anyone else noted that the link to generate raqbackup.sh has died? It was formerly found here:
> http://www.neuhaus-internet.de/cobalt/raqbackup/support/ <http://www.neuhaus-internet.de/cobalt/raqbackup/support/>
>
> It's something that I had thought about mirroring some time ago, but never quite got around to.  Now I wish I had.
>
> From the looks of the http://www.neuhaus-internet.de/ <http://www.neuhaus-internet.de/> homepage, it appears they had some sort of catastrophic failure and no good backups. OUCH!   And reminder: have you checked your backups lately?

Yes, ouch. Archive.org <http://archive.org/> has the pages archived, but I’m sure the scripts won’t work because they contact Neuhaus. Can’t even download the base script from them… not found.

Way back when, I modified my copy to keep 5 rolling days worth of backups. Luckily, I have that script saved in MANY places.

Cheers,
Jeff