[BlueOnyx:21516] Re: Cannot ping local IP on 5209R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Nov 12 14:01:06 -05 2017

Hi Robert,

> Roundcube uses a pre-set host of %n which resolves to the local hostname
> and errors when trying to login unless changed to localhost. I found the
> server cannot pings or connect to any services to its own IP addresses,
> only localhost. I can ping or connect from an outside server, but not
> from the server itself. Any idea why this is?

There are a couple of things to look at in that case:

- Firewall:

To be sure turn off your firewall on the server for a moment and try again.

- /etc/hosts:

It can be that it has garbage at the bottom. Delete that file and
restart CCEd to let it be recreated properly:

rm /etc/hosts
/usr/sausalito/sbin/cced.init restart

- Routing table issues:

Check your routing table with these two commands:

ip route show all
route -n

You should have routes for 127.0.0.1, your own range of assigned IPs and
the default gateway.

It's one of these three issues or a combination thereof.