[BlueOnyx:21526] Re: Cannot ping local IP on 5209R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 15 15:20:25 -05 2017

Hi Robert,

> When I run these prior to removing the hosts file, the IP addresses are
> missing and it fixes. But they are missing again very soon after or when
> I check active monitor status again, network still shows eth0:0 down. I
> can't ping either of the two IPs assigned with or without them listed in
> the routing tables.
>
> I compared to another 5209R without this issue, the odd thing is the
> hosts file on the working server has the host name in the last column of
> the table versus the second column of the hosts file on this server with
> the issue. The second and third columns are swapped with the fqdn.

In that case I guess the box is not fully yum updated and may be a year
behind with updates even. There was a base-network update last fall that
addressed this very issue.

Please file a support request via the GUI if you can and make sure to
tick the checkbox "Allow access" so that I can take a look.