[BlueOnyx:21539] Re: wordpress (not from bo shop) automatic updates from the program and plugins fails

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 12:02:09 -05 2017

PESJA Wrote:

> Do I have to tune within Server- of siteadmin so that I not have adjust
the settings from an bare WordPress installation

It depends on your BO version but I my experience if you use suPHP and set
the Web Ownership properly then you can use file direct rather than FTP for
WordPress updates (core and plugins) and it all works perfectly.

If on a 5209R then you can use PHP (DSO) + mod_ruid2 or FPM/FastCGI and also
set the Web Ownership to the same siteadmin the client uses to upload files
and it works.

Then simply remove any off the lines in your wp-config.php related to FTP
method.

M Aronoff Out -  <mailto:maronoff at gmail.com> maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.
  -  <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/31912.html> Thomas Jefferson