[BlueOnyx:21340] Re: Can not change site owner to a server admin

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Sep 6 12:45:44 -05 2017

Hi Dirk,

> yes Virtuelle Site Management is set.
> no Site-DNS-Management is not set
> yes Virtual Site Management: Additional rights all rights are added.
>
> Also in expert mode almost all options are added.
>
> But in site management -> site -> general settings it is not possible to select the additional admin in owner pulldown.
Yeah, that is weird. It might be worth a try to remove all rights from
this user and to grant them again.

If you want to debug this further, please use cceclient and check the
CODB entry for that User.

Example:

[root at 5209r ~]# /usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient
100 CSCP/0.99
200 READY
find User name = reseller
104 OBJECT 78
201 OK
get 78
102 DATA fullName = "Reseller"
102 DATA capabilities =
"&siteAnonFTP&siteShell&siteAdmin&adminUser&siteDNS&manageSite&siteSSL&resellerPHP&resellerSUPHP&resellerRUID&resellerFPM&resellerMySQL&resellerJSP&resellerCGI&resellerSSI&resellerSSL&resellerFTP&resellerAnonFTP&resellerShell&"
102 DATA capLevels = "&adminUser&manageSite&siteDNS&"
201 OK

As you can see: The User "reseller" in my case has the following
"capLevels":

- adminUser (because he is an "extra-Admin" account.
- manageSite (Which marks him as potential Vsite owener)
- siteDNS (allows him to manage DNS of owned Vsites)

Your user must at least have the capLevels "adminUser" and "manageSite"
in CODB in order to be selectable as Vsite owner.

Additionally he should have "manageSite" listed within his "capabilities".

I presume the "manageSite" is missing from either "capabilities" or
"capLevels" and that is causing the problem.