[BlueOnyx:21365] Re: Google pulls the rug on Symantec SSL certs

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Fri Sep 15 04:30:30 -05 2017

On 14/09/17 18:44, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Symantec is also exiting
> the SSL-certificate businesses and has sold that part off to DigiCert,
> which is even less trustworthy than Symantec ever was.

Michael,

I also have ZERO time for Symantec who have done everything in their
power to be bad and evil people on the internet however I would be VERY
interested to hear why you have an issue with Digicert!?

Digicert have done some amazing work, in my opinion, moving SSL into the
21st century.  They have actively been championing new standards as well
as being the first and only provider that was willing to put themselves
on the line by issuing certs for onion domains allowing people in
countries/places who couldn't access the internet safely the ability to
access information and get help.

Yes they are a corporation.  No they are not Lets Encrypt however I
really don't think they are "less trustworthy" than the maggots that are
Symantec!

Just my 0.02 GBP

Dan