[BlueOnyx:21394] Re: Apache Webserver SSLCipherSuite - *** published ***

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Sep 20 06:32:55 -05 2017

Hi Colin,

On 9/20/2017 6:18 AM, Colin Jack wrote:
> We have a number of customers complaining their websites are down.
> Reboot server hasn’t worked but will check logs when I get in front of a
> computer. Currently on iPhone.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

Is Apache running?   Had a UK customer earlier this morning that had
Apache lock up on them so our tech found a particular PID was preventing
a restart.   So after forcefully killing all httpd processes, then
searching for anything running with httpd and specifically killing that
PID with a -9, the tech was able to start httpd and admserv again.   See
the following:

killall -9 httpd
ps -aux | grep "httpd"
kill -9 15209
service httpd start
service admserv start

The PID may be different in your case.

Of course, a reboot would typically have handled this.   Your case may
be different.   If the problem is ongoing and it's one of your servers
with us, open a ticket and we'll have a look asap.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services