[BlueOnyx:21410] Re: cmuImport Error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 22 11:18:20 -05 2017

Hi Aaron,

> It looks like there may not have been a quota database in the
> first place, even on a fresh install of 5209R (maybe an
> install script bug?)

It's possible. But if quotas weren't enabled or didn't get enabled
during the install of BlueOnyx, then the creation of the "admin" account
would fail.

> I checked, and quotas were enabled in /etc/fstab on my ext4 filesystem.

I've seen a similar issue recently right after the CentOS 7.4 updates
got installed. All indicators said that quota was installed, enabled and
working, but attempts to set quota via the GUI or manually via "edquota
-u <username>" would cause errors. In the end I had the same procedure
you mentioned to shake it loose again. I tried to replicate the problem
to see if it was a general issue, but it didn't seem to be.

I think we need to keep an eye on this.