[BlueOnyx:21415] Re: Sendmail Problems on Fresh 5209R Install

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Sep 25 01:31:39 -05 2017

Hi Aaron,

> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA’)> > toward the bottom of the file, which conflicted with> >
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl> > on line 115.
>> SYSERR(root): hash map "Alias0": missing map file
/etc/mail/aliases.db: No such file or directory> > ...due to the fact
that line 34 read:> > define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/aliases')dnl> > instead
of> > define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/mail/aliases')dnl
I've seen this before (and also the SSL/TLS issue). It happens when
there is an error during the part of the BlueOnyx install that rotates
our proper sendmail.mc template into /etc/mail/. You got left with a
sendmail.mc that CentOS shipped and our Constructor tried to amend it
with our options and failed due to some conflicting info.

Please do this:

cd /usr/sausalito/configs/sendmail/
cp sendmail.mc.mailman /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
cd /etc/mail
make all
/usr/sausalito/constructor/base/email/syncEmailService.pl

That copies a good sendmail.mc template into /etc/mail/ and rebuilds the
sendmail.cf from it. The syncEmailService.pl script then reads your
settings for email from CODB and writes these into sendmail.mc and
rebuilds the sendmail.cf from it again. It will also append all options
that might have been missing from sendmail.mc to begin with. Such as our
SS/TLS lines.

That should fix the problem.