[BlueOnyx:21438] Re: localhost sending 14K emails in a month?

Lewis Gardner lewisg at iglou.com
Thu Sep 28 23:09:03 -05 2017

> Just to mention this here: This has been sorted. Lewis and I found out
> that the account of a user had been compromised and a botnet was now
> sending SPAM through that account via SMTP-Auth.

I don't deserve much credit, Michael is a very good guide to sleuthing!

As an aside, How long can a password be on BlueOnyx? I tend to agree
with Randall Munroe and his excellent presentation at
https://xkcd.com/936/ but I worry that passwords are truncated "under
the hood".

Of course with the features on BO once does not get many guesses but as
a general rule it might be better to steer users in a better direction
of easier to remember but harder to brute force passwords.