[BlueOnyx:22532] suspending e-mail accounts

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Sun Dec 9 16:11:54 -05 2018

hello it's me again with another question:

I'm mucking out old e-mail accounts and, instead of deleting them, I clicked in the GUI on Suspended [√] where a tool-tip says:

Suspending a user will prevent that user from accessing system services
associated with that account such as telnet, FTP, mail, and Web access to
their files.Email sent to the suspended user's account will be rejected and the sender will receive an error message.

Unfortunately, the users _are_ banned but the e-mails are still pouring in and the mailbox growing... The sender doesn't get an error message, I tried it out.

 From the command line, how can I have the incoming mails rejected with an error message delivered to the sender?

I think I could chown the mbox to root but I guess this isn't very graceful...

Thank you and best regards

_~_
'¿')
`-´ 	 Meaulnes Legler