[BlueOnyx:22541] Re: suspending e-mail accounts

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Thu Dec 13 09:52:58 -05 2018

On 12.12.18 01:52, Michael Stauber wrote:
>> When an account is suspended a few things happen: - /usr/sbin/usermod -L <username> is used to lock the account. - The password-hash of the user gets prefixed with ! to disable logins. - Email forwarding/autoresponder are turned off.
> That's now been fixed on 5207R, 5208R and 5209R. I also had to update the AV-SPAM, as a certain handler will run (if the AV-SPAM is installed) that messes with the home directory of users on suspend/unsuspend. That also wasn't applying the correct permissions when a user was getting suspended. Both updates are now available via YUM for all relevant platforms.

thank you Michael!

of course, users that were previously suspended had to *be enabled again and then re-suspended* for a successful ban.

But: isn't the Procmail bump message a bit too verbose? Why is the full path of the user displayed?

The original message was received at Wed, 12 Dec 2018 09:48:49 +0100
from mail-ed1-f43.google.com [209.85.208.43]
<claude at domain.com>
     (reason: Can't create output)
procmail: Lock failure on "/home/.sites/112/site7/.users/39/claude/mbox.lock" procmail: Error while writing to "/home/.sites/112/site7/.users/39/claude/mbox"
550 5.0.0 <claude at domain.com>... Can't create output

Can one edit a configuration file to tamper this?

I would prefer that the message would read «no such user here». Can I achieve this?

Or can I spoof Procmail/Sendmail to assume that that user doesn't exist? The not suspended user could still login and view his files, just not send & receive e-mail... I tried User List > Basic Settings > Disable User's Email [√] but it doesn't prevent the mbox to get mails...

Thank you and best regards

_~_
'¿')
`-´ 	 Meaulnes Legler