[BlueOnyx:21729] Re: Unable to add vsite after update

Brian Dowding brian at bargoed.com
Mon Feb 12 09:09:42 -05 2018

Hi Brian,

On 2/12/2018 5:29 AM, Brian Dowding wrote:
> BlueOnyx 5209R
> I am unable to add a vsite since last night's yum update. When adding a site I get "cantEditVhost" as an error message. Any quick fix on this?

Yes, we've seen similar behavior.   You should be able to clear this up
by ensuring that the system has been fully yum updated and then give it
a reboot.   Here's one line that will accomplish this for you:
yum -y update && shutdown -r now

That should get it running for you.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services

Hi Chris

I've just tried " yum -y update && shutdown -r now" and it changed nothing as I'm still getting the same error message.

I was able to add sites yesterday, though I did get the IPV6 message. Today the IPV6 message has gone but I can't add sites. The only thing that's changed on the server between yesterday and today is the overnight automatic yum update, so I'm assuming there's a problem with that.

Best Regards

Brian H. Dowding
Director, Eqwebs Ltd.,
t/a Equestrian Websites