[BlueOnyx:21740] Re: let's encrypt renewal, 5209R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Feb 13 13:58:30 -05 2018

Hi Carl,

> My first let's encrypt certificate is coming up for renewal. I presume
> the 5209R should automatically renew that, but when does that happen
> with respect to the certificate expiration date (2018-02-25)?
>
> A previous message here indicated that it should renew at the 60 day
> point, which has passed.

If it's past the 60 days, then it will have tried to renew it every day
since that date and has failed for one reason or another.

Take a look at /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log, as it may shed some
light on this.

Chances are you do have a .htaccess file which does use mod_rewrite to
rewrite the URL or there was something else that prevented certbot from
accessing the verification URL on all domain names that the cert is
supposed to be valid for.

If that's the case, you might want to throw out the .htaccess, request a
new cert manually via the GUI and then rotate the .htaccess back in.