[BlueOnyx:21770] Re: save the values of select box of "show 10 entries" after changed.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Feb 15 21:46:38 -05 2018

Hi Brian,

> Not sure if anyone has noticed but it has been a pet peeve of mine for a
> while, as I skip between screens, for example, in Stie Management I can
> change the “Show [10] entries” to 50 and there is no way to save it that
> I can see… as when I go back to the site management tab, it reverts to 10.

Phew ... this is a good suggestion, but I'm myself wondering how to pull
that one off. Sure, we could set a cookie that recalls if this was
changed and what value it was set to.

The trouble is: The GUI element where this is used is called
"ScrollList" and it uses a jQuery element called dataTables. The
whopping beauty of it is that it's sort of a black box. You feed it some
appearance parameters like ...

- Pagination enabled?
- search field enabled?
- sort order and sort-ability by column?
- # of columns and column width?

... and feed it an array that contains the data you want to display.
Boom, finished.

There is some flexibility to appearance and functionality via
parameters, but I'll have to go back and dig out the docs for that to
see how and if I can fiddle this in.

I'll look into this.