[BlueOnyx:22192] Re: TLS 1.2 and HTTP/1.1 Upgrade For PayPal

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jul 2 11:48:00 -05 2018

Hi David,

On 7/2/2018 11:21 AM, David Hahn wrote:

> Has anyone done the TLS 1.2 and HTTP/1.1 update on BlueOnyx 5106R Series?

Yikes, you're correct that 5106R is pretty old.  In fact, it was
declared EOL in March 2017:
https://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=214&cntnt01returnid=15

As it as well as the underpinning CentOS 5 have both been abandoned,
getting an update is probably not going to be worth exploring.  In fact,
I believe that CentOS 5 never supported TLS 1.2 to begin with and only
went to TLS 1.0.

Although you may be able to custom compile something, it's unknown what
effect that may have on the rest of the system.  The advice you are
likely to have repeated by others is to get migrated over to 5209R
(based on the latest CentOS 7).   If there's something preventing you
from moving that far then at least 5208R.  The gains you'll see in
performance, available features, and security updates are significant.
Any issues that you run across in a migration are likely easier to
manage than it would be to drag 5106 kicking and screaming into 2018.

If the migration is a stumbling block for you, we handle migrations like
this for our customers on a regular basis and I'm aware that some of the
other service providers (ie: Compass, Solarspeed) have offerings as well.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services