[BlueOnyx:22213] Re: Mojibake in /usr/local/sbin/vacation.pl

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jul 8 12:03:36 -05 2018

Hi Tomohiro Hosaka,

> Mojibake (text garbling) occured if the user's fullName contains Japanese.
>
> I changed it in the production servers as follows and it works well.

Thank you very much for reporting the issue. I just added your suggested
fix to SVN and YUM updates for 5209R will be published today:

http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset/3145/

> There are also files /usr/sausalito/perl/I18nMail.pm and
> /usr/sausalito/bin/i18nmail.pl.

Yeah, the i18nmail was used in the past, but then we changed Swatch to
use MIME::Lite instead, which generally seems to work better.