[BlueOnyx:22221] Re: Error after update

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jul 9 12:30:54 -05 2018

Hi Brian and Michael,

> Brian wrote:
>>  After last night's update, I get a strange error when trying to restart a service.
>>  Error getting authority: Error initializing authority: Could not connect: Too many levels of symbolic links (g-io-error-quark, 11)
>
> I have gotten this as well.

Could you two please run this command and report the results?

ls -als /run/dbus/system_bus_socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket

The updated hotfixes script of Active Monitor contained this code and
that probably caused the problem as your symlink situation might have
been different from what a stock box might have had:

# Fix DBUS issue if /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket no
# longer is a Symlink:
if [ -f /usr/bin/systemctl ];then
  if [ ! -L /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket ];then
     systemctl stop dbus
     rm /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket
     ln -s /run/dbus/system_bus_socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket
     systemctl start dbus
  fi
fi