[BlueOnyx:22244] Re: Error after update

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Thu Jul 12 15:55:27 -05 2018

Hi Dirk.

The symptoms you are seeing have actually been around for a long time on all of my servers, and many other people’s servers. I researched, and provided what I thought would be the fix to Michael. Below is a copy of what I sent to Michael…

In terms of what to do for you. I am guessing that your existing bus socket was some how in /var/run … But the question is, how did it get like that? And equally importantly, what now? Ultimately, you have two symlinks, and no socket. The socket would need to be recreated. Theoretically, it is created by the dbus daemon itself… so theoretically, deleting both of those files and restarting dbus should allow it to be recreated… but the question is, which one will it use for creation? And do we then need to manually sym link it.

But puzzles me - is why is your server different?

=== This is the initial results of my research below ===