[BlueOnyx:22249] Re: Applying your own SSL cert

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 13 10:53:15 -05 2018

Hi Lee,

> I've got a wildcard cert that I'm wanting to apply to one vsite.
> I have it exported from a PFX from IIS into the cert in a crt file
> and a separate RSA private key, however importing the crt results in
> the UI message:>
> The imported certificate does not contain the private key for this
> certificate

My recommendation: Create a self signed certificate for the Vsite and
export it. See how the exported file looks. Whatever you want to import
should look similar.

There are quite a few SSL certificate formats and BlueOnyx at this time
supports certificates in PEM format.

I'm not recommending to use the following URL to actually convert SSL
certificates, but it also shows a list of commands that you can use to
convert SSL certificates securely in your own Linux environment w/o
sharing them with a third party during the process of the conversion:

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html