[BlueOnyx:22270] Re: PHP plugin for MSSQL

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 14:40:22 -05 2018

Thanks Michael,

    Hi Colin,

    > We have a client asking us to install the mssql php plugin so he can
    > connect to a mssql database.
    >
    > How would I do this in 5208R? I don’t want to upset a solid working VPS.

    Since ages I'm compiling all PHP versions with FreeTDS support:
    http://php.net/manual/en/mssql.setup.php

    So ... it should work. But honestly: I never tried it, because there is
    no benefit of using a third party Micke-Mouse SQL-Server over the
    MySQL/MariaDB that's present on BlueOnyx. ;-)

This is an onsite 5208R box that our client uses for managing production and quality control of their products with various web pages.
They have MS Server with MS SQL running a database they want to interrogate and present info on the web pages.

I will pass this info on! (

Many thanks

Colin