[BlueOnyx:22290] Re: BlueOnyx-5209R-CentOS-7.5-20180527.iso Installation note

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jul 26 11:51:10 -05 2018

Hi Tomohiro Hosaka,

> Thank you for preparing a new ISO.
> I installed it on VMware Fusion on Mac.
> This time it worked fine.

Very well. I'm glad to hear that.

> 1. typo
>
> -CDTITLE="Team BluOnyx Presents - Network Reconfigure"
> +CDTITLE="Team BlueOnyx Presents - Network Reconfigure"
>  TITLE="Network Setup Utility"

Doh! Thank you. I'll fix it.

> 2. The IP set by NETWORK & HOST NAME is not displayed on the screen
> after "Do you want to conifgure IPv4? <Yes>".

Yes, I noticed. I haven't found out why it didn't do that, but as it
wasn't critical I didn't look further. I'll fix that as well when I have
a chance.

> 3. The IP set by NETWORK & HOST NAME seems to be saved in the system
> even if you select No in "No do you want to conifgure IPv4?", But it is
> not displayed on the Web Console and can not be changed, so
> network_settings.sh seems mandatory.
>

> 4. Since network_settings.sh is Network "Re"configure, I misunderstood
> it is not mandatory.

It is mandatory in so far that the network settings need to be stored in
CODB. The setup script does that if you use it and let it do its job.

If you know how to manually configure the network and how to get that
info into CODB, then you can of course do that as well.

That's why I commented out the "trap" command, that previously prevented
you from exiting the setup script via CTRL-C.