[BlueOnyx:22167] Re: Holiday Homework

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jun 22 06:45:33 -05 2018

Hi Colin,

> Maybe one for Michael to chew on on holiday unless somebody else can help! 😊
>
> We have one 5208R VPS which every time there is an apache update we get broken sites with basedir errors.
> Going into the site on the GUI and clicking save on the PHP settings sorts it, but we only become aware when we get the phone calls.

My apologies. I know what it is, but I can't tackle it during my
holidays. The long story short is that I'd need to overhaul base-apache
and base-vsite in the same way for 5208R as I've already done long ago
for 5209R. On 5209R we now only have one handler that does all the
Apache related edits for all features, whereas on 5207R/5208R we still
have multiple handlers doing partial edits and they have a tendency to
go a bit haywire at times. I'll see what I can do about it when I get back.