[BlueOnyx:22474] BlueOnyx Service Outage

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 7 01:37:38 -05 2018

Hi all,

We're currently experiencing a server outage that affects part of the
BlueOnyx infrastructure.

On 6th November at around 22:00 US Eastern Time one of our Aventurin{e}
nodes went down and now refuses to start due to issues with either the
disks or the RAID-controller. That node was hosting 14 VPS's, six of
which are critical to the BlueOnyx project.

Affected were the BlueOnyx Mailing-List, BlueOnyx email accounts,
Solarspeed.net email accounts as well as parts of the YUM repositories.

We are currently working on restoring the VPS's from the daily backups
and the most critical services should come online again within the next
couple of hours.