[BlueOnyx:22492] Re: Backscatter problem

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Tue Nov 13 17:40:44 -05 2018

At 02:54 PM 11/13/2018, Michael Stauber wrote:
>Even that would not eliminate the problem that their email database
>contains a ton of dead-wood that will result in bounces.
>
>And that is the point where a proper mailing software comes in. One that
>manages bounces. Like Mailman does. If it sees repeated bounces from
>certain addresses, then it will put further email delivery to that
>address on hold.

        This may or may not be useful to you, but
        apparently Mailman does NOT always prevent
        delivery to bad addresses.  There MAY
        be a setting/config/option, that can "fail."

        Two weeks ago, after getting dozens of
        duplicate emails on several lists, the ISP
        was unable to identify the problem. Several
        reboots and restarts of Mailman were
        ineffective in solving the problem. I finally
        found out that some emails waiting in
        mqueue were over three months old, and
        it seemed that one result was some
        mail servers were timing out on a few