[BlueOnyx:22499] Re: AFP ISSUE

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Nov 15 21:42:03 -05 2018

Hi Harm,

> I run the afp package on my bo box but suddenly as of this evening after
> a while I can't get in or out of the box any more and the only thing I
> can think of as to what the reason might be is the afp defense.
>
> I get on screen a few firewall messages but nothing that would tell me
> why it is blocking. How can I temporarily turn of the defense when this
> happens?

Under "Server Management" / "Security" / "APF" in the "Whitelist" tab
you might want to enter some lines that prevent your IP from being blocked.

Say your IP is 7.7.7.7 Then you should enter this line:

s=7.7.7.7/32

That will make sure that the source IP 7.7.7.7 is never blocked by APF.

You could also use a syntax like this:

tcp:in:d=22:s=7.7.7.7/32
tcp:in:d=81:s=7.7.7.7/32
tcp:in:d=444:s=7.7.7.7/32

That will make sure that your IP is always able to access the ports 22,
81 and 444.