[BlueOnyx:22578] Re: 5209R: CGI-Wrapper working again

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 3 13:38:42 -05 2019

Hi Dirk,

> hmm, unfortunately it is not working for me. I can name it formmail.pl or
> formail.cgi, I can place it in cgi-bin directory or on some other place. I
> always get the ownerchip error message...

Uuuuh. That formmail script? I'd bin it. Like Ken said: If it's what I
think it is, then it's really shitty.

What's the exact error message you get in the browser? I've seen two
different ones now in my tests and I'd like to know which of these you see.

FWIW: I've now found a 5209R where neither *.cgi nor *.pl works, even if
everything is configured correctly (UID, GID, permissions). And that
runs the same version of cgiwrap as the box where at least *.pl works.

So yeah, there is something is fishy with cgiwrap again. Maybe it's
related to a recent OS update. I'll have to dig into that.