[BlueOnyx:00963] Re: Disable webalizer

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Apr 1 12:58:56 -05 2009

Hi Rod,

> Has anyone considered or successfully disabled webalizer in BlueOnyx?  I
> prefer AWStats (Michael has a great package for BX).  Webalizer uses
> quite a bit of disk space and thus slows down nightly backups.  Since my
> customers and I use AWStats having the webalizer files is unnecessary.
> Obviously, removing the cron job from /etc/cron.daily will prevent it
> from running each night, but I'd also like to remove it from the GUI.

Yeah, disabling the cronjob is one thing. To make Webalizer dissapear from the
GUI, you need to remove this two files:

/usr/sausalito/ui/menu/base/sitestats/server_webalizer.xml
/usr/sausalito/ui/menu/base/sitestats/webalizer.xml

They're part of the package base-sitestats and removing that entire package is
not recommended, as it would also affect your AWStats.

Removal of those two XML files will not be permanent, as an upgrade of base-
sitestats may bring them back. But in that case just delete them again.

FWIW: base-sitestats will not be updated *that* frequently anyway, as there is
a module with lesser importance and hardly needs any fixing or improvements.