[BlueOnyx:00976] Re: Still getting Yum Errors -no more

TUNC ERESEN Skype: eresen tunc at eresen.com
Thu Apr 2 08:19:50 -05 2009

Hello Michael.
Yes is it is done.
Thanks a million.

Tunc

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Stauber [mailto:mstauber at blueonyx.it]
Sent: 02 April 2009 00:51
To: tunc at eresen.com
Subject: Re: [BlueOnyx:00965] Re: Still getting Yum Errors

Hi Tunc,

>  I realy don’t know.  How to get rid of these modules, I have tried to move
> them used "yum remove all""yum clear all" did not worked,

Maybe this is worth a try:

rpm -hUv \
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/i386/CentOS/perl-5.8.8-18.el5.i386.rpm

It may complain about dependencies or may report the same conflicts.

If it does, add the switches ...

--force --nodeps

... to it. That my help, but there is also the small chance that it breaks
things.

Afterwards run "yum update" again and it should go through. It even ought to
sort out the dependencies that the Perl RPM by itself was missing.