[BlueOnyx:00982] Re: Anyone have issues with godaddy SSL certs?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 3 12:36:00 -05 2009

Hi Jeff,

> Anyone having issues with godaddy SSL certs not functioning properly on
> BlueOnyx? When we try to access a https based document in Firefox, it
> comes up with this:
>
> "Redirect Loop
>
> Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
> address in a way that will never complete.
>
> The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site
> is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.
>
>      * Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
>      * NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the
> problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer."
>
> In "Internet Exploder" it never actually loads the page; this is a new
> cert, they used to work fine in BQ...
>
> Thoughts anyone? TIA!

Have been looking at a customer's box for the last hour or so who has the same
problems, but with SSL certificates from different issuers. Some SSL sites
work, some don't.

My findings so far:

- Comodo InstantSSL Pro		works
- RapidSSL					works
- Self signed					works

Not working / looping:

- Comodo InstantSSL (note the missing "Pro")

I thought this was maybe an isolated issue with something just being wrong on
that one box, but I guess it must be something that sneaked in with the
CentOS-5.3 upgrade. :o(