[BlueOnyx:01027] Re: Brute Force DOS attackes

Andrew Marentis amarentis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:31:05 -05 2009

It is OK to have your server do the firewall functionality, but I would not
recommend it for a real solution. It is better to have that stuff detected
before it gets to the servers. After the firewall is setup to detect and
deal with the attack, then have the servers themselves protected from that
type of attack, shut down if the server gets overloaded, rather then
exploited. But it is just a suggestion.