[BlueOnyx:01078] Re: CMU Export Email Problems

Phil Hamer phil at magma-group.co.uk
Tue Apr 14 13:46:07 -05 2009

Hi All.

This was a migration problem from raq4 to bluequartz (maybe the same
like yours)

>Look in the UsersFolder.
>Mine looked like:
>/home/sites/www.domain.com/users/username/mbox -> mail/saved-messages
>(or something like this)
>
>And this filelink was wrong and that´s the problem to get the right file
>for storing the mail.

All the files look ok and seem to be in the right place.

>Phil,
>In your maillog, does the mail show to have been delivered, or is it
>being rejected?
>
>If mail is being rejected, it may be a matter of the domains needing to
>be manually pulled out and re-entered into the aliases (do this through
>the GUI.)

My /var/log/maillog showing some well crazy stuff.

Things appearing with domains such as
phil at magma-group.co.uk.zoom.magmawww.co.uk

Best news is the mailer emailed me back to say it could not deliver the
email as it could not resolve DNS.

Bad news is I have messed with so many of the config files I don’t trust my
work at this moment.

Not sure if the DNS came in ok during the cmuImport. Followed the
instructions on nehaus web site for restore.

I exploded the file and copied it into /etc/named

Executing /usr/admserv/cgi-bin/.cobalt/dns/index.cgi did not work.

Is there another way to import the DNS information?

Incidentally web and ftp are working on all sites.

So, I think a re-load of BlueOnyx and I will port all the stuff over
manually this time.

Not advanced enough to sort the OS out from a cmuImport its way beyond my
capabilities.

I will re-configure the server tomorrow and re-create the magmawww and
magma-group sites with a user on each.

If the mail will work then I can add all the user stuff and explode the
archive files (ie web site data) from the disk created with raqbackup.

Would it be safe to still import the mysql dump, fix the database and then
fix the privilidges table or does anyone think this may break something as
well?

Its no big deal to just manually export the mysql stuff from the cobalt box
then import it into the new tables.

There is about five sites on the server running mysql dependant web sites so
an hour or so should see it done.

Phil.