[BlueOnyx:01088] Re: PHP method for changing folder / file owner?

Stephanie Sullivan ses at aviaweb.com
Fri Apr 17 07:28:03 -05 2009

If the files are uploaded with ftp they need to be chmod'd for world write
(or group write if using suggestions below). Not set by default.

If php safe mode is on you should set "safe_mode_gid = On" in php.ini

When wordpress is installed the directories do not have the group S
protection (chmod g+S *) enabled. This forces the default file creation
group to be the same as the containing directory. It's on by default on the
directories that BQ/BX creates. With this you should only need group write
enabled. (chmod g+w ... and can be set by mod ftp clients). You will still
need to (once) set the group to the site's group.

Wordpress is really kind of a pain in the BX/BQ environment, but works fine
once it's setup well.

	Thanks,
		-Stephanie

Stephanie Sullivan, President