[BlueOnyx:01090] Re: PHP method for changing folder / file owner?

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Fri Apr 17 08:01:01 -05 2009

Hey thanks for this Stephanie, (and Matt for the php chown ref)

So my situation is this:

drwxrwxr-- 	admin	site1	/Home/Sires/www.bb.com/Web/

In this setup - the wordpress site works, but can not write to
anything because apache has read perms only

So what you are saying that if I set "safe_mode_gid = On" in php.ini

And then do a chmod g+S * in the /Home/Sires/www.bb.com/Web/
directory - all the files in the directory below inherit the group
ownership - in which case would be rwx?

Is that right?

Cheers,

Jeff