[BlueOnyx:01156] Re: slow server

Ken Marcus - Precision Web Hosting, Inc. kenmarcus at precisionweb.net
Wed Apr 29 16:11:16 -05 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: Tony Loosle

Awhile ago there was alot of confusion when a yum update hit.   It affected
alot of people here on this list.

During that time, one of my bx servers stopped working.  It lost the NIC.
I rebooted it and went into interactive mode to reload ?? the driver for the
nic card.

Since that point this server is extremely slow.   If I shell into the box,
it responds very slowly.   once in, i try to ping, ie:  ping www.google.com
it takes several seconds before it responds, then does one ping, hangs for a
few more seconds then goes as it normaly does.

Web pages, everything on this box is very very slow.  Yet the cpu never gets
pushed past 2 or3 %.

Any ideas or help???

I would be interested in a paid solution if someone out there has any ideas?

tony
<<

Possibly your resolver IP is slow.

----