[BlueOnyx:01159] TCP/IP settings issues

Andy Hodges andy at the-hodges.com
Wed Apr 29 16:15:17 -05 2009

Hello,

I have installed BlueOnyx in a fully virtualized Xen environment (Xen 3.3.0 on CentOS 5.3 x86_64)

The host system is and Intel Extreme Edition Quad Core CPU with 8Gb RAM.

When viewing the TCP/IP settings page with one bridged NIC in the system (eth0=peth0), both the first and second network interfaces have the same MAC address.

When viewing the same page with two bridged NIC's in the system (eth0=peth0  eth1=peth1), a total of four interfaces are shown with  eth0 MAC address shown for NIC 1 & 3 and the eth1 MAC address shown for NIC 2 & 4.

I have tried installing in a paravirtualized environment and that was a complete disaster, as was installing a paravirtualized base CentOS install (that part worked) and running the TAR installation (this part worked) but I could not connect in any way to the appliance through the web interface, even after a reboot.

I have 4 other fully virtualized systems running on this box (1x CentOS 5.3 x86_64, 1x CentOS 5.3 i386, 1x pfSense and 1x SBS2003) and these all work without issue so I don't think it is the Xen config that is at issue.

I have tried to work out how the interfaces and IP's are configured within the BlueOnyx system but this seems a little different to a standard CentOS install, though I could be way off.  But all my attempts to find a solution have been unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance

Andy Hodges
believed to be clean.