[BlueOnyx:01909] Re: GUI change

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Aug 4 15:51:51 -05 2009

Hi Michael,

> I really would like to make Merlot the default GUI skin for all users.
>
> Would it be safe to copy the Merlot.xml files (regular and compiled) OVER
> the trueBlue.xml files.  To my mind then no matter what is set in the GUI
> it would come up as merlot.
> My question is would this be safe or not?

BlueOnyx has three themes:

trueBlue (the ugly old RaQ550 theme)
Merlot
BlueOnyx (Slightly darker Merlot style)

The "BlueOnyx" theme is the default theme for all (new) users. User imported
through CMU still might be using either trueBlue or Merlot.

I wouldn't recommend to mess with the XML files or their compiled versions.
The compiled versions actually aren't important and can be deleted. They'll be
dynamically recompiled when needed. However, copying the XML files over each
other may not work and could cause ill side effects. Even if it works, it'll
be replaced next time the RPM "palette" updates.

I'd use something like the following script to change the current style for
all users to "BlueOnyx" instead:

#!/usr/bin/perl -I/usr/sausalito/perl -I/usr/sausalito/handlers/base/vsite

use CCE;
my $cce = new CCE;
$cce->connectuds();

# Find all Users:
my (@users) = $cce->findx('User');

# Walk through all users:
for my $vusers (@users) {
    ($ok, my $my_vusers) = $cce->get($vusers);

        print "Doing User: $my_vusers->{name} \n";

    ($ok) = $cce->set($vusers, '',{
        'stylePreference' => 'BlueOnyx'
       });
}

That script uses CCE, walks through all user accounts stored in CODB and
changes the "stylePreference" of all users to "BlueOnyx".

If you really want it to be "Merlot", then simply change "BlueOnyx" to
"Merlot".