[BlueOnyx:01919] Re: Processes Load

Gustavo Silva pseudo at zbronx.com
Wed Aug 5 13:53:48 -05 2009

Hiya,

I think this article pretty much describes it altough you can find
better explanations through the web.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_%28computing%29

If i was to keep it even simpler (just as a guideline):

In a single-core system:
a Load average between 0.00-1.00 would be equivalent to 0-100% resources
being used

In a quad-core (or quad-cpu system):
a Load average between 0.00-4.00 would be equivalent 0-100% resources
being used

Altough Load doesnt refer JUST to CPU utilization! Its a Mingle of Disk,
Network, CPU among others.

Cheers
-Gustavo