[BlueOnyx:01936] Re: eth0 issues

bluequartz at ozin.com bluequartz at ozin.com
Thu Aug 6 03:40:19 -05 2009

Hi Michael

Let me clarify.

> Sorry, I didn't read into your question correctly. My "I'll look into it" was
> a reference to the java script issues on boxes with three network cards.

The issues on that page mean I can't:
add an IP address to eth1 (which is what I meant by a second IP)
change DNS settings
change Host Name or Domain Name
Use the Interface Aliases Tab

I have done most of the above at shell level but the changes do not get displayed in GUI which is really annoying.

In addition due to my issues with eth0 I have reordered et0, 1 and 2 as explained previously using new file:

/etc/udev/rules.d/10-network-devices.rules

and by editing:
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 (plus 1 and 2)

But having done this the page  System Settings / TCP/IP  now reports the wrong MAC addresses by each adapter (it still reports the original allocations not the changed ones). Can this be fixed too, or do I need to edit something?

I mush appreciate your help, thanks.

Jason