[BlueOnyx:01974] Re: eth0 issues

bluequartz at ozin.com bluequartz at ozin.com
Sun Aug 9 15:43:53 -05 2009

Greg wrote:

> I have a solution that is rather unconventional,
> but it works - every time, without fail.
>
> Step 1: yum install wireless-tools
>
> Step 2: Create a file with vi (or similar) called /etc/iftab...
> Sample below:

> I hope this helps anyone with this issue.

Thanks Greg,

As it happens I have worked around some of the issue doing similar
but the changes do not get displayed in GUI which is really annoying.

Thus I ma not able to change the Host Name or Domain Name on the
System Settings / TCP/IP page. This in turn means that I cannot
create a proper self signed certificate and that mysql gets confused
with its users too.

While we wait for Michael to fix teh Javascript errors is there any way
I can fill in the System Settings / TCP/IP  page via the
Shell so that I can fix my issues?

Jason