[BlueOnyx:01983] Re: IP Addressing on sites

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Aug 10 07:51:59 -05 2009

Hi Mark,

> I'll second that. Look under "Active Monitor" "Network Status." My system
> shows the secondary interface as disabled, probably b/c there is nothing
> plugged into it. Michael, if I plugged it in and rebooted, would it show up
> in BX and be configurable?

Yes, that'll work. That's code I hadn't touched or looked at since September
last years, so I just double checked it.

When you pysically add add a network interface, then during the next reboot a
constructor will tell the GUI interface about it.

The new NIC won't show up when you call /sbin/ifconfig - of course, because
it's not configured yet. But it'll show up in the GUI uder "System Settings" /
"TCP/IP" and you can configure it there.

If it's the 2nd NIC and wasn't there earlier, it'll show up under "Active
Monitor" / "Network Status" as well. But that page will only show traffic
statistics for eth0 and eth1. It won't report it for eth2 or eth3.