[BlueOnyx:01987] SSL was purchased with self-signed

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Aug 10 16:59:10 -05 2009

We have a customer who bought a GoCrappy SSL cert but when creating the
CSR, did so with the "self-signed" box checked.  So now, although the
certificate can be installed, it will not function correctly in a
browser due to the fact that it shows to be self-signed.

My question is this: is there an easy way to fix the SSL config on the
site and remove the self-signed bit, or will the customer have to obtain
a replacement cert?

I will suggest on the Devel list to have the self-signed box unchecked
by default.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services