[BlueOnyx:01993] Re: SSL was purchased with self-signed

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Aug 10 17:24:13 -05 2009

Hi Ken,

Ken Marcus - Precision Web Hosting, Inc. wrote:
> Chris
>
> I've created a selfsigned cert many times on BQ.
> But when I import the real one then it overwrites it and all is fine.
>
> Possibly your new cert did not import?

Well, actually what happened was the customer created a new CSR, but
left the box checked that says "Create Self-Signed Certificate".  Then
he sent the resulting CSR off to the cert provider.

BX actually generated the CSR and accepted the resulting cert, but has
it flagged as self-signed.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services