[BlueOnyx:02038] Re: pam_abl

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Aug 12 07:45:16 -05 2009

Hi Tjerk,

> >Hmm ... interesting. Didn't know that. Which browser are you using?
>
> Using IE8 it does not work, Firefox seems to be okay but is missing out on
> very many lines of the logfile.

Ah, ok. I'll give it a try and will see what I can find.

> If I tail the maillog from the GUI it
> ignores many pop-logins and displays the pc time instead of the logtime?
> The missing lines could be a expression pattern fault..

If you get different time stamps from different services, then it may be
because of the recent update of the "tzdata" RPM. Whenever "tzdata" is
updated, it affects the time zone settings of the server. Some daemons then
still use the timezone that they were using when they were started, while
others already use the new one that "tzdata" set the system back to.

That cleans itself up the next time around you restart the services or the box
itself.