[BlueOnyx:02065] Re: Can not login SSH in local network

T. K. Hughes tommykeegan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:34:00 -05 2009

Hi Tommy,

> I can login fine outside the network with any user/pass.  I can not login
> in network for some reason.  Under The GUI I can not get a login screen.  I
> get a error box.

OK, so it's neither pam_abl or a firewall. Can you ping the servers internal
IP from your internal network?

Or can you ping from the server to an IP in your internal network?

If you use "eth1" on the server to hook the box up with the internal network
and use "eth0" for the hookup with the internet, then you might want to check
if "eth1" is active and configured correctly.

If it is, run "tcpdump -i eth1 -n" to see if it show *any* network activity at
all.

If nothing shows even after a while, then it could still be some config or
routing issue, a bad NIC, bad switchport, loose network cable and a few other
things.

Michael,
Running tcpdump i get

tcpdump: syntax error   What does that mean?
Tommy